Note: All of these mods require the Freelancer Mod Manager to be installed prior to installation. Once downloaded, just run the .flmod file and it'll automagically install itself. You can then use FLMM to activate and play.
If you encounter errors upon starting a new game, you probably have existing saved games that are conflicting with the mod. Go to My Documents/My Games/Freelancer and move or delete the OriginalSavedGames folder.
The Wing Commander Freelancer Ship Pack v. 2.2 was released at the beginning of January 2006. It replaces ships, weapons and equipment, keeping the Freelancer universe (and storyline) intact. Grab it here.
In January 2005, Privateer: The Reckoning OpenSP version 4.65 was released. This was the final major playable release before team leader warzog left the project due to health and computer problems.
- 22 flyable ships from the original Wing Commander to The Price of Freedom
- The entire Gemini Sector - 70 systems, 99 bases, and 540 unique characters
- Authentic Privateer weapons, equipment and commodities
- OpenSP Gameplay - no story, just trading, bounty hunting and money making.
- High-quality renderings of the original Privateer soundtrack
- Rotating planets and moons